Sunday, January 14, 2018

Grove 一素


I was much excited to visit Grove after reading good reviews online at their new outlet at the renovated SingPost Centre (opposite PayaLebar MRT/Paya Lebar Square) #01-151.
Their concept is very much like GreenDot to serve Bento set & dry/soup noodles at similar prices. I asked what was recommended and was advised to try their dry noodles and Laksa Lamian. As it was cool weather to go for a hot meal, Laksa Lamian was the choice made.  Well, I would say I like the accompanying ingredients of bean curd skin rolls and mushroom, etc. but find the gravy not as thick and spicy as expected. In this, GreenDot's Laksa scored more points in overall taste. Also ordered their side dish of Monkey head mushroom skewer. it was deep-fried and perhaps left for display for sometime, was not warm and hence reduce the satisfactory taste. Despite above points, I may return to try their dry noodles again...

No comments: