Saturday, July 20, 2013

Mavalli Tiffin Room (MTR)

After reading about Mavalli Tiffin Room (MTR) from hungryangmo.com, it revives my interest to explore Little India area again. From exit B? of Farrer Park MRT, turn left towards Serangoon Road. At stretch of shop houses opposite the Indian temple and before the next blocks of HDB, it is a small busy shop with constant flow of mostly Indian customers during my visit there.
 
 Their Poori set is not as oily as expected and reminds me of the taste tried in India! Well-done! 

Next is new trial of the strongly recommended spicy porridge ~ Bisibele Bhath.
It is cooked until very soft like congee with a slight spicy taste. Very flavourful with a pint of spiciness and curry taste, very interesting and appetizing to me. However, I do not dare to add the ghee (oil-like in the centre) which has a very strong smell.:P
It is a nice dish that I may return to try again.:-)

MTR is located at 438 Serangoon Road & closed on Mondays.

2 comments:

Hungry Ang Mo said...

Good review Sunny!

Although I don't take ghee (or any dairy anymore), I definitely recommend you try the ghee from MTR! It is very pure, from a farm in India! :)

Luke

Sunny said...

Hi Luke,
The ghee smell is too overwhelming that puts me off. And being unaware of what it is, I do not dare to try it.

Just searched the net & found it to be clarified butter, interesting...
Perhaps it is like smelly beancurd or durian that once one tried it, one may love it?