Sunday, April 19, 2009

Xing Hua Vegetarian Restaurant


This shop is located just opposite the Chinatown complex's row of shop houses along Smith street. Xing Hua is a place in China and I assume their speciality is supposed to be their Xing Hua dishes. Hence, I ordered their Xing Hua Fried Vermicelli (Mee Sua/Mian Xian). The Vermicelli is usually cooked with Soup and is softer than Rice Vermicelli (Mee Hoon) so it requires additional skill to stir-fry it. I like its softness (my friend once commented that I am a baby food lover:P) and it comes with an overly generous portion of vegetables & garnished with some peanuts.

Its Ngian Toufu variety is not much, but the soup is quite nice with some herbal taste. The shop actually serves a variety from mixed rice dishes, stir fry dishes to snacks as well as brewed soup.

1 comment:

John said...

My wife, daughter and I ate here twice in October 2009. Great food and able to sit on the edge of the street and watch life go by. As brits living in Hong Kong I wish we could have taken this place home with us - and so, so cheap!