Saturday, September 21, 2013

Econ Vegetarian Food


 

Located at Food Loft, a coffee-shop near the junction traffic light opposite Aljunied MRT, Econ Vegetarian locates at the centre with a bright eye-catching signboard.
Missing western food, I was there with much expectation. I ordered a set meal for Black-pepper sauced chop that came with mushroom soup and a mango pudding dessert. The presentation was nice and considerate with delivery of bottles of pepper, tomato and chilli sauce as well. However, I was kind of disappointed with the patty which tasted just like those common instant frozen products but I liked their accompanying fresh salad and appetising coleslaw. I would recommend their Black-pepper sauced Spaghettis instead. The Spaghettis was well-done and smooth and the accompanying black pepper sauce was well-mixed. The sauce came with a mild spiciness initially that gets stronger as it reaches your stomach so it is appetising for a spicy lover but be prepared to drink lots of water for the after-effect and again I like their accompanying salad! :P
For non spicy lover, you may try their tomato-sauced version which I saw a patron ordered which looked nice in presentation too. Perhaps I will return to try that next time. :-)

 The stall is available from 11am-8pm daily except Tuesday.

No comments: