Sunday, December 9, 2007

欢心素 (Huan Xin Su) at Rocher Centre Coffee Shop


There was this fine day I was visiting my friend living near the waterloo street and originally I wanted to popby the Eastern Vegetarian cake house when I saw that just 2 units away, the old coffeeshop was being newly renovated.

I went to take a look & saw that there is a new vegetarian stall (not the old stall selling vegetarian wantoon noodles etc). I was surprised that besides offering Mixed Rice dishes, it has many varieties including Vegetarian Fish steamboat & Dry Mushroom Minced Meat Noodles etc.

Its been ages since I last enjoyed the Dry Mushroom Minced Meat style of noodles ever since I quited pork so I decided to try. When I packed back, the noodles being simmered over the distance was still Q & nice with good portion of vinegar & the standard was pretty good. I enjoyed it so much that the next time when I was near the area, I ordered it again. This time, maybe without the simmering over the distance, the noodles are not as soft, nevertheless is still of reasonable standard. Next time, I will try other dishes at the stall .:-)
Address: 欢心素 (Huan Xin Su)
Blk 1, Rocher Rd, #01-506
(Rocher centre corner coffeeshop opp Bugis OG, near the famous Simaru Guan Yin Temple)

No comments: