Sunday, December 9, 2007

慈缘轩 (Ci Yan Xuan) Chinatown

Another of my favourite is this Ci Yan Organic Vegetarian Health Food shop located at end of the Chinatown Food street (8, Smith street). They serve organic brown rice set meal which is available everyday but their other menu changes everyday depending on the ingredients & mood of the chef, Mdm Wong.


(Standard Brown Rice Set)


(Fruit Rojak)


Their main course portion is usually quite big, so I would recommend that best to go there with friends & you can share & try different variety at same time. I have been there many times & I love their Ipoh Hor Fun ,Eight Treasure Porridge, & BiBimbup (Korean Rice). I tried asking Mdm Wong when are the days they are likely to serve BiBimbup but she told me I must be very lucky that I managed to try that dish as she does not do it often & she suggested that I call everyday after 11.30am to enquire about the menu for the day. (There is automated answering machine that would record menu of the day before the shop opens)
Well, I shall leave it to fate that I could sample her BiBimbup again & take a picture of her many other signature dishes.
:-)

Address: 8 Smith Street (shophouse near end of Food Street)
Tel: 6225 9026 (If you want to confirm menu of the day:P)
Opening Hours: 12pm-9pm?

No comments: