Friday, March 28, 2008

一心素食, Chinatown

Another visit to Chinatown & I decided to try their Dumpling Noodles.
It was served with generous portion of mock-meat & vege, they used "Jade" noodles (白玉面) with hand-made fried dumpling. The dumpling was quite nice with smashed toufu & mock flour prawn which would have tasted better if not soaked in the gravy. Generally, I would prefer this to their La Mian.

Located at a coffeeshop at 39 Temple Street, 一心素食 is behind 德宝点心, De Bao Dian Xin. Just near centre of street opp Lucky Chinatown.
Opening hours: 8am to 10pm Daily.

3 comments:

dreamy said...

This one looks so mch better than the one i had at forest dew! :9 I love dumplings! Especially they are unhealthily deep fried :) yum!

Anonymous said...

hi sunny,

other than yi xin vegetarian, are there any other veg at temple street?

i know there are another 2 veg at smith street.

Sunny said...

Yes, facing Chinatown complex, there is one more Vegn coffeeshop that also offers a variety of Vegn Food ( I think it is called XingHua Vegn). I think its specialty is mock Sharksfin, XinHua Mee Hoon, & some fried snacks.
The other one is my favourite: Ci Yan Xuan located at end of food street.
With the completion of the renovation for Chinatown complex, I believe we can expect more stalls in it too.

Cheers:-)