Sunday, March 23, 2008

Forest Dew Vegetarian Restaurant

Sadly, Forest Dew had closed and fortunately replaced by another vegetarian eatery but I will always miss their Fried Kway Teow!
----------------------------------
Terrific!!! Very nice, if not told, you may not have guessed that the Fried Kway Teow is the vegetarian version. I guess the sweet sauce is being excellently mixed with a special ingredient that makes one wonder how they managed to give it a "Cockles" taste. I would say that its standard, the noodles & the sauce is even better than some of the actual pork lard version. It's so far the best vegn version I had tried. :-) For those who like the sweet Fried Kway Teow version, should try!!!
Cedar Shoot Fried Rice
Not sure what is Cedar Shoot but we guess it is the tiny shreds of spices leaves found in the rice. We find the taste abit weird & I find it abit too oily:P
Thanks to Dreamy for recommending the Fried Kway Teow in her blog, I now have another vege outlet to consider when dining out. Though it is an air-conditioned shop, the price for local delights like above dishes are quite reasonable, generally $3.50 (foodcourt prices) with no service charge & gst. I recall that their Local ala carte stir-fry vege dishes are also around range of $4-$5. Only their Western, Jap & Korean sets costs is abit steep, $7 & above.
I guess I will visit it again when I am around the region.:-)
Forest Dew is located at Blk 23, #01-523 Bendemeer Rd, beside Kallang community centre & nearest MRT is Boon Keng MRT, open daily to 10pm.

No comments: